Legionella Treatment Operatives Course
This course is designed for installers who undertake work on water supply systems within residential properties as a way of preventing cases of legionnaires disease.
It is important that those carrying out the installation and maintenance of hot and cold-water supply systems have a good understanding of the impacts of legionnaires disease and the importance of effective water treatment.
This course provides operatives with working knowledge of the requirements of the ACoP document L8, HAS guidance, British Standards and Water Regulations.
There is also an obligation on landlords to ensure that their tenants are protected through effective water treatment.
Impartial Examinations are undertaken under the control of UK Certification and this is separate from any Training Activity.
Candidates must hold a valid WRAS Water Regulations certificate.
Training is based in the treatment of domestic and small commercial water systems and does not include cooling towers.
The learnings in this course will allow installers to undertake risk assessments and carry out disinfection using methods including chlorine, bleach and silver hydrogen peroxide.
The course covers:
- The background to Legionnaires Disease
- What is the Legionella Bacteria
- Where and how does it multiply
- How is it spread and contracted
- How to comply to the law
- Duties, obligations and records
- Assessing risk
- Controlling and reducing risk
- Methods of Treatment
- Prevention and disinfection
- Record keeping
Assessment involves practical work and written papers, including a multiple-choice paper.
How to book
Call today to find out the next available course start date or fill in your details below and one of our team will call you back.
Call - 01924 973260
This course will be held at our NGCFE Training Centre:
NGCFE, Unit 5 Innovation Square, Featherstone WF7 6NX
Why choose the National Gas Centre for Excellence?
At the National Gas Centre for Excellence we are dedicated to making sure that you leave us with the qualifications you need to carry out your chosen trade or to take your career to the next level.
Our modern facilities and experienced course leaders will provide everything you need to gain the right mix of knowledge and experience and pass any necessary assessments.
- Expert course leaders with years of practical experience in the trade
- Lunch and refreshments included as part of every on-site course
- Fully fitted classrooms with all the equipment and fully working systems you need to gain real world practical experience.
- Free onsite parking
- Qualifications provided by UK Certification
- A dedication to helping you through each course and pass the assessment first time
We look forward to supporting you on your learning journey and providing you with the mix of skills and qualifications that can make a real difference to you and your customers.
Other courses you may find interesting.