Primary First Aid
This course is for anyone who may be required to administer first aid in the workplace. It covers some of the most common situations that you might come across, as well as more serious incidents and the right way to respond in order to reduce serious injury.
As well as covering examples of basic first aid, this course provides all the guidance and advice needed to recognise emergency situations, as well as effectively treat particular conditions and reactions quickly and effectively.
To ensure a safe working environment, it is considered best practice for all employees to have an awareness of basic first aid as well as know what to do in an emergency.
As well as going over a number of practical examples of first aid, this course also gives you the ability to assess the scene of a medical situation so that the correct information can be passed on to emergency services.
Impartial Examinations are undertaken under the control of UK Certification and this is separate from any Training Activity.
System Requirements for this course:
• Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
• Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Assess an incident
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Manage a casualty with a minor injury
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Manage an unresponsive casualty
- Spinal Injuries
- Burns & Scalds
- Electric Shock
- Heart Attack & Stroke
On successful completion of this course, your certificate will be available for immediate download.
How to book
Call today to find out the next available course start date or fill in your details below and one of our team will call you back.
Call - 01924 973260
This course will be held at our NGCFE Training Centre:
NGCFE, Unit 5 Innovation Square, Featherstone WF7 6NX
Why choose the National Gas Centre for Excellence?
At the National Gas Centre for Excellence we are dedicated to making sure that you leave us with the qualifications you need to carry out your chosen trade or to take your career to the next level.
Our modern facilities and experienced course leaders will provide everything you need to gain the right mix of knowledge and experience and pass any necessary assessments.
- Expert course leaders with years of practical experience in the trade
- Lunch and refreshments included as part of every on-site course
- Fully fitted classrooms with all the equipment and fully working systems you need to gain real world practical experience.
- Free onsite parking
- Qualifications provided by UK Certification
- A dedication to helping you through each course and pass the assessment first time
We look forward to supporting you on your learning journey and providing you with the mix of skills and qualifications that can make a real difference to you and your customers.
Other courses you may find interesting.