Basic eletrical safety
This online course helps to raise awareness of the dangers associated with electricity in a range of scenarios and the practical steps that can be taken to eliminate or reduce the risks.
A number of topics are covered, including the basic principles of electricity, the key legislation surrounding fire safety, as well as common hazards and how to avoid them.
Each year there are around 30 fatal electrical accidents in the UK, with roughly 1,000 workplace injuries involving electricity.
Our Basic Electrical Safety course has been designed to increase the awareness of electrical safety and what you can do to keep yourself and others safe around electrical and electronic equipment.
This ROSPA accredited course also looks at the laws that govern working with electricity at work, such as the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, as well as examples of best practice and ways to respond in an electrical emergency.
Note: Face to face training may required based on your exposure to electrics and electronic equipment at work.
Impartial Examinations are undertaken under the control of UK Certification and this is separate from any Training Activity.
System Requirements for this course:
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Topics covered in the Basic Electrical Safety course include:
- The principles of electricity
- The important definitions
- Key legislation associated with electricity
- Assessing the risk
- Reducing the risk
- Conducting safe electrical installations
- Safe and suitable equipment
- Protective systems
- Common hazards, including:
- Electric shock
- Secondary effects
- Electrical burns
- Electrical fires
On successful completion of this course, your certificate will be available for immediate download.
How to book
Call today to find out the next available course start date or fill in your details below and one of our team will call you back.
Call - 01924 973260
This course will be held at our NGCFE Training Centre:
NGCFE, Unit 5 Innovation Square, Featherstone WF7 6NX
Why choose the National Gas Centre for Excellence?
At the National Gas Centre for Excellence we are dedicated to making sure that you leave us with the qualifications you need to carry out your chosen trade or to take your career to the next level.
Our modern facilities and experienced course leaders will provide everything you need to gain the right mix of knowledge and experience and pass any necessary assessments.
- Expert course leaders with years of practical experience in the trade
- Lunch and refreshments included as part of every on-site course
- Fully fitted classrooms with all the equipment and fully working systems you need to gain real world practical experience.
- Free onsite parking
- Qualifications provided by UK Certification
- A dedication to helping you through each course and pass the assessment first time
We look forward to supporting you on your learning journey and providing you with the mix of skills and qualifications that can make a real difference to you and your customers.
Other courses you may find interesting.