Basic Gas Safety (Regulation 8) course
This course is for those working around gas central heating who are not gas qualified but require a general understanding of the risks and maintenance requirements involved. This could include landlords and maintenance staff working in the private rental sector or those within social housing.
This course provides all the training that candidates in the social housing and private rental sectors need to understand the gas safety issues that could affect their residents.
Gas safety, including all issues relating to carbon monoxide, is paramount within these sectors and this course will help you understand the situations that could put residents at risk.
Impartial Examinations are undertaken under the control of UK Certification and this is separate from any Training Activity.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
- Overview of the types of gas used in domestic housing
- Requirements for correct combustion
- Carbon Monoxide detectors
- Effects of Carbon Monoxide
- Identification of combustion/flue and ventilation problems in gas appliances
- Requirements for landlords under the Gas Safety Regulations
- Actions to be taken in the event of gas escape
- Legal requirements of gas installers
Assessment involves a written exam made up of short answer responses and multiple-choice questions.
How to book
Call today to find out the next available course start date or fill in your details below and one of our team will call you back.
Call - 01924 973260
This course will be held at our NGCFE Training Centre:
NGCFE, Unit 5 Innovation Square, Featherstone WF7 6NX
Why choose the National Gas Centre for Excellence?
At the National Gas Centre for Excellence we are dedicated to making sure that you leave us with the qualifications you need to carry out your chosen trade or to take your career to the next level.
Our modern facilities and experienced course leaders will provide everything you need to gain the right mix of knowledge and experience and pass any necessary assessments.
- Expert course leaders with years of practical experience in the trade
- Lunch and refreshments included as part of every on-site course
- Fully fitted classrooms with all the equipment and fully working systems you need to gain real world practical experience.
- Free onsite parking
- Qualifications provided by UK Certification
- A dedication to helping you through each course and pass the assessment first time
We look forward to supporting you on your learning journey and providing you with the mix of skills and qualifications that can make a real difference to you and your customers.
Other courses you may find interesting.