Domestic heating system and boiler fault finding course
This course includes training and assessment and has been developed for gas engineers who require the skills and technical knowledge to carry out boiler and heating control fault finding in advance of installation, maintenance and repair work.
This course covers basic electrical safety (including self-isolation) basic S-plan and Y-plan systems and their associated components.
Candidates will be provided with the diagnostics knowledge to identify and rectify common combi boiler faults, including reading faults based on the boiler’s startup sequence and understanding manufacturer flow charts and wiring diagrams.
There will also be a focus on safe working practices using multimeters to test circuits, components and earth continuity.
Candidates must have previously completed the relevant ACS gas safety (CCN1) and central heating appliance (CENWAT) qualifications.
- Electrical safety – anti-static precautions, electric shock hazards, etc.
- Electrical Safe Isolation Procedure
- Understand S & Y plan wiring systems (installation & faults)
- Understand the operation of electric components within boiler circuits
- Use of multimeters to analyse circuits
- Locate a range of faults to components within the circuit
- Fault find from a particular point in the boiler’s start up sequence
- Principles of use and theory including safe working
- Earth continuity testing
- Short circuit testing
- Testing for Polarity
- Component testing
How to book
Call today to find out the next available course start date or fill in your details below and one of our team will call you back.
Call - 01924 973260
This course will be held at our NGCFE Training Centre:
NGCFE, Unit 5 Innovation Square, Featherstone WF7 6NX
Why choose the National Gas Centre for Excellence?
At the National Gas Centre for Excellence we are dedicated to making sure that you leave us with the qualifications you need to carry out your chosen trade or to take your career to the next level.
Our modern facilities and experienced course leaders will provide everything you need to gain the right mix of knowledge and experience and pass any necessary assessments.
- Expert course leaders with years of practical experience in the trade
- Lunch and refreshments included as part of every on-site course
- Fully fitted classrooms with all the equipment and fully working systems you need to gain real world practical experience.
- Free onsite parking
- Qualifications provided by UK Certification
- A dedication to helping you through each course and pass the assessment first time
We look forward to supporting you on your learning journey and providing you with the mix of skills and qualifications that can make a real difference to you and your customers.
Other courses you may find interesting.