Domestic Gas Heating – New Entrants Package
.For those thinking of a career as a Registered Gas Installer but don’t have the necessary experience, our Domestic Gas Heating – New Entrants Package, along with the required work experience placement, will help get you to the level needed to sit your ACS Gas Assessments and apply to join the Gas Safe Register. All our new entrants training packages are fully approved as complying with the requirements of IGEM/IG/1 ‘Standards of training in gas work’.
As well as 40 days of onsite training at NGCFE, candidates are required to complete a 6-month work placement with a Gas Safe engineer, which they must complete before they finish the course and sit their ACS assessments.
This placement is a mandatory legal requirement and will help to underpin the knowledge required to sit the final assessments.
The Domestic Gas Heating Installer – New Entrants Package course has been designed for those looking to become Gas Safe Registered but have not yet acquired the skills and knowledge to undertake the ACS gas assessments.
Only suitably qualified Gas Safe registered engineers can legally work on systems and appliances fuelled by natural gas.
This course provides a gateway into a career as a gas heating installer and covers a wide range of topics to help ensure you can work on a variety of maintenance and installation jobs.
On completion of the onsite learning portion of the programme, successful students will receive competence certificates for the various technical elements and an industry recognised training certificate, all of which are necessary to access ACS gas training and assessment.
To complete their training candidates will also need to complete a 6-month work placement under the supervision of a Gas Safe registered engineer.
Once the on-site portfolio and boiler installations have been completed and signed off you are ready to return to undertake the refresher training and ACS gas assessment for CCN1.
Those that need to add additional appliances, including CENWAT, CKR1 and HTR1, can do so on request.
Impartial Examinations are undertaken under the control of UK Certification and this is separate from any Training Activity.
No entry requirements for the new entrants qualification.
The New Entrants Package begins with the basic principles of gas heating, plumbing and pipework before moving into more specific areas including gas safety, working with hot water systems and electrical installation.
During your 40 days in-centre training, topics are broken down into easy-to-follow sections so that candidates can build up the knowledge and confidence to develop their practical experience and pass the required assessments.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to plumbing, gas and heating theory
- Pipework installation and practical skills
- Gas legislation, building regulations and British standards
- Industry unsafe situations procedures
- Safe isolation of electrical installations
- Principles of flues, chimneys and combustion
- Tightness testing of domestic natural gas installations
- Measuring and interpretation of gas pressures and the calculation of heat inputs
- Gas appliance functions and the operation of gas safety controls
- Energy efficiency for domestic heating
- Managed Learning Programme (MLP) for Domestic Natural Gas
How to book
Call today to find out the next available course start date or fill in your details below and one of our team will call you back.
Call - 01924 973260
This course will be held at our NGCFE Training Centre:
NGCFE, Unit 5 Innovation Square, Featherstone WF7 6NX
Why choose the National Gas Centre for Excellence?
At the National Gas Centre for Excellence we are dedicated to making sure that you leave us with the qualifications you need to carry out your chosen trade or to take your career to the next level.
Our modern facilities and experienced course leaders will provide everything you need to gain the right mix of knowledge and experience and pass any necessary assessments.
- Expert course leaders with years of practical experience in the trade
- Lunch and refreshments included as part of every on-site course
- Fully fitted classrooms with all the equipment and fully working systems you need to gain real world practical experience.
- Free onsite parking
- Qualifications provided by UK Certification
- A dedication to helping you through each course and pass the assessment first time
We look forward to supporting you on your learning journey and providing you with the mix of skills and qualifications that can make a real difference to you and your customers.
Other courses you may find interesting.