This course is aimed at those responsible for investigating reports of fumes, smells or leakage of combustion products in domestic premises – for example, following the activation of a CO alarm – through the use of a portable electronic combustion gas analyser.
Candidates will be provided with the skills and knowledge to identify faulty appliances that are creating potentially harmful fumes in domestic properties. This course also uses tools such as portable electronic combustion analysers, which are commonly used by gas engineers.
Course content includes procedures outlined in BS EN 7967 Part 1 to 4. It does not cover commercial premises and appliances, or subsequent procedures following incident reporting under RIDDOR.
Impartial Examinations are undertaken under the control of UK Certification and this is separate from any Training Activity.
Candidates must hold a current Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1) qualification or a Core LPG Gas Safety (CCLP1) qualification or valid equivalent NVQ or QCF qualification, plus appropriate appliances.
CMDDA1 Carbon Monoxide Testing Training Course
- Carrying out ambient CO and CO2 testing
- Combustion performance analysis using electronic portable gas analysers on domestic gas appliances in dwellings following:
- Indication of fumes
- Spillage or leakage of combustion products
- Carbon monoxide detector activation
How to book
Call today to find out the next available course start date or fill in your details below and one of our team will call you back.
Call - 01924 973260
This course will be held at our NGCFE Training Centre:
NGCFE, Unit 5 Innovation Square, Featherstone WF7 6NX
Why choose the National Gas Centre for Excellence?
At the National Gas Centre for Excellence we are dedicated to making sure that you leave us with the qualifications you need to carry out your chosen trade or to take your career to the next level.
Our modern facilities and experienced course leaders will provide everything you need to gain the right mix of knowledge and experience and pass any necessary assessments.
- Expert course leaders with years of practical experience in the trade
- Lunch and refreshments included as part of every on-site course
- Fully fitted classrooms with all the equipment and fully working systems you need to gain real world practical experience.
- Free onsite parking
- Qualifications provided by UK Certification
- A dedication to helping you through each course and pass the assessment first time
We look forward to supporting you on your learning journey and providing you with the mix of skills and qualifications that can make a real difference to you and your customers.
Other courses you may find interesting.